Project PB&J is finally here! For the past two weeks, our bloggers have been working hard to create a tasty peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a peanut butter and jelly baked good. Their creations and inspired recipes are being revealed this week all across the blogosphere, so keep a look out! We will also link up to them on this post, so keep checking back in here and on our Facebook pages (Once Upon A Loaf and She Runs, She Eats) to learn more.
All recipes will be posted between today, March 26th, and Friday, March 30th. During the weekend, the entries will be judged and winners will be announced on National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, April 2nd (and also Cindy’s birthday). -Thank you, Christina!
What we’re looking for in the winning recipes is a creative recipe, or a creative adaption to an existing recipe – simply replacing chocolate chips with peanut butter chips won’t cut it.
-Appetizing presentation and photography will go a long way in helping us determine the winners.
-We will be testing any recipes we have questions about, too. Whether or not it’s a sandwich or a baked good, the main ingredients must be peanut or nut butter and jelly or preserves, jam, etc., or fresh or dried fruit. We decided to not require strictly jams and jelly so that the bloggers have more freedom in coming up with a tasty treat.
Project PB&J isn’t just a recipe roundup. The project is also a contest, and we’ve compiled a great list of sponsors who are excited to be a part of it. Two grand prize winners, one in each category (sandwich and baked good) will win a prize pack consisting of -
- A Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook from Artisan Books
- One Red Star Yeast prize pack that includes an apron, spatula, bread pan, and yeast strips
- One jar of preserves from Quince & Apple
- One jar of Saratoga Peanut Butter
- One Honey Stingers product of the winner’s choice
- One running skirt from Runningskirts.com
- One 7 Weeks To Fitnessbook
- A pack of Peanut Butter & Jelly Larabars
- Moeben Arm Sleeves
- A Nathan Hydration product
- A sixpack of Doug’s Nuts
There are also additional random prizes from many of the same sponsors and a few others -
- A mini bread board and biscuit cutters from Whetstone Woodenware
- Moleskin Recipe Journals
- A dough whisk and coupon for a bag of flour from King Arthur Flour
So stay tuned and keep checking back, below. We have an exciting week of peanut butter and jelly-based recipes coming up!
(Pssst…hey you guys, what are you getting me for my birthday? )